Saturday, September 07, 2002
23 Ways to Tell You've Read Too Much Thomas Pynchon:
1. You sometimes break into the foxtrot, even though you have no clue what the foxtrot is.
2. Every weekend, you jump through windows with a new matching dress/chainsaw ensemble.
3. Secret societies try to off you for your stamp collection.
4. You have a pet octopus and like to have intellectual conversations with him.
5. You have the unshakable feeling that you're being followed by German V-2 missiles.
6. It's normal for you to mistakenly put your mail in the wastebasket.
7. Some days everything tastes good with bananas.
8. You have a trumpet sticker with the letters "D.E.A.T.H." on the bumper of your car.
9. You can be found in the sewer looking for alligators on any given day.
10. You call your friends "The Whole Sick Crew" with a sentimental tear in your eye.
11. You are known to exclaim "Shit and Shinola!" with utter sincerity.
12. You don't trust the Monopoly guy because of his monocle.
13. When your car breaks down, you replace the engine with Maxwell's Demon.
14. Your doctor's office is in a building called The White Visitation.
15. Your anthropology teacher's name is Bongo-Shaftsbury.
16. You are part of the Herero Heritage Foundation.
17. You have moments where think you work for Yoyodyne, Inc.
18. You leave the letter V out of the alphabet because its too dubious for you to think about.
19. You buy drinks for Thanatoids.
20. You have a personal vendetta against the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
21. You find yourself being subliminally influenced by yoyos.
22. You have a perverse interest in auctions.
by Sara Aronson, from: disinformation